Over the last couple of months I have been asked several times, by nervous aspiring bloggers “How” to get their messages out there.
My advice – just get it out there!
Let me be absolutely clear about this – just getting it out there does NOT mean that you don’t have to do the research! Of course you do.
It’s great if you are 100% comfortable with your product or service, but there are always things that are changing. We all understand that technology changes at the speed of light (well that’s how it feels to me anyway). Then of course legislation also changes at a rapid rate. Market trends change and all of these changes impact on what you do and how you do it, so even if the information doesn’t change what you want to write about will, so chances are that is stuff that you need to know about anyway.
Just getting it out there also doesn’t mean that you should be doing a “slap dash” job. You should still be taking the time to think about what it is that you want to say and of course how you say it is also important in order to get the right message out. Be sure of your facts, be sure of your content and always be professional.
Just getting it out there also definitely does not mean that your idea or your article or your product or service will be successful. There are so many contributing factors to being successful and getting it out there is just one more little nudge going in the right direction.
It’s not all doom and gloom though because the positive side of getting it out there is (but not limited to):
– You’re online, you’re cultivating a following (well hopefully cultivating one), just as you are also following like-minded individuals or mentors or coaches.
– You’re not battling to get physical appointments with individuals who are jealously protected from people like you, by ‘gatekeepers’ and PA’s.
– Here you have an opportunity to be heard, to have your say, to state your case and say what you need to say – not only to one person or a handful of people who make up the Board, but to millions of people from all walks of life. People who are interested in what you have to offer or say.
– Online you are able to express yourself without the added pressure of being in front of a bunch of people who often (to your stressed out mind that is filled to capacity with anxiety) look like predators who haven’t eaten for months and who smell the strong scent of fresh meant – the fresh meat, of course, being you!
– Here online you can field comments and suggestions and consider all the input from around the globe, before responding . . . or not. People with ideas and comments that spark your imagination and who inspire you.
That’s just a tiny part of the appeal and the beauty of the internet.
Remember though, when you write your piece, that it’s good to consider all the feedback that you get and respond in whichever way you please but that if you’re are going to assume anything, assume that everybody – excluding yourself of course – everybody knows nothing! That way your words can be understood, comprehended and appreciated by everyone.
So go on . . . just get it out there!